I did not enjoy this recipe but my husband did so I thought I would post the recipe in case someone may like to try it!
It is from the Riverford Farm Cook Book
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
450g Spinach, tough stalks removed
75g Plain Flour
150g Ricotta cheese
2 Egg yolks
100g Paremesan cheese, freshly grated, extra to serve
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 8-10 minutes, until soft.
2. Blanch the spinach in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain and put in cold water. Drain again and squeeze the water out then roughly chop.
3. Add the Spinach to the onion and season, cook for 8 minutes.
4. Tip the mixture into a bowl and sift in the flour.
5. Add the ricotta and mix.
6. Add the egg yolks, Parmesan and mix again.
7. Use 2 dessertspoons to shape the quennelles, scooping the mixture from one spoon to the other until it forms an oval shape.
8. Place on a lightly floured tray and chill for 1 hour.
9. To cook, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the gnocchi in batches.
10. When the gnocchi rises give them an extra 3 minutes then scoop out.
11. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.