Heart shaped Brownies
275g Butter, softened
375g Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
75g Cocoa Powder
100g Self-raising Flour
You will also need a tray bake tin 12 x 9.
Heart Cutter (Or any cutter you would like, or just simply cut into squares)
1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. (I like to fold the chocolate chips into the mixture after all the other ingredients have been combined)
2. Scoop the mixture into a greased tray bake tin and make sure you use a spatula to get into the corners and smooth over the top.
3. Put into the oven at 180°C for 40-45 minutes. Check it is cooked by putting a knife in the centre and if it comes out clean it is ready.
4. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Carefully take it out of the tin and use the cutter to shape the brownies.
Heart Chocolates with a surprise twist.
Brownie pieces (I used my left over brownie pieces from cutting them into hearts)
You will also need a chocolate mold
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave.
2. Pour the melted chocolate 1/4 of the way into the molds then add a piece of brownie.
3. Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over the brownie pieces.
4. Tap the mold on the side to get all the air bubbles out and use a spatula to scoop off any excess chocolate.
5. Put the molds in the fridge for 20 minutes or until they have set.
6. Take out the fridge and carefully remove them from the mold.
Chocolate coated Strawberries
I coated some strawberries with the left over melted chocolate.
I left them to set on some foil at room temperature.
Now I am all set for tomorrow.