100g Butter, softened
200g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
225ml Soured Cream
250g Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
125g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
100g Butter, cubed
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease a cake tin.
2. Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl then add the egg, vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the soured cream and mix again.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt then mix all together.
4. Add 1/2 of the sliced rhubarb to the cake mixture and fold using a spatula, then transfer it to the cake tin. Put the rest of the rhubarb over the top.
5. To make the topping mix the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl using your hands. Rub together until you get a crumb consistency then sprinkle it over the top of the cake.
6. Bake for 1 hour and then leave to cool for 15 mins.
*This recipe was from allrecipes
Please follow and like us: