For this recipe I did not go for the usual Mary Berry but instead opted for Delia Smith.
Adding the strawberries and cream make it perfect to have during the summer as little party treats.
1 Large Egg White
50g Golden Caster Sugar
25g Plain Flour
2 drops of Vanilla Extract
25g Butter, melted
40g Flaked Almonds
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C
2. Whisk the egg white in a bowl until stiff but not dry.
3. Beat in the sugar a little at a time until the mixture forms soft peaks. Then fold in the rest of the ingredients. (In Delias recipe she saves the almonds to put on top of each tuille but I chose to add them into the mixture).
4. Put 4 heaped teaspoons of the mixture evenly spaced on a greased tray, then using a knife spread the mixture thinly into discs.
5. Place in the centre of the oven for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
6. Carefully remove each tuille from the baking tray using a spatula and curve each one immediately over a rolling pin. Leave for a couple of minutes to cool and crisp.
7. Remove and cook the next batch until all the mixture has been used.
8. Whisk some cream in a bowl until it turns thick. Then place a spoonful on the tuile and add a strawberry.