So here are my lovely sugar cookies dipped in a chocolate icing. (Just to add a bit more sweetness to it).
50g Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Boiling Water
1. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until smooth and fluffy.
2. Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl and add to the mixture a little bit at a time.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and combine until the mixture makes a soft dough. (or in my case a sticky mixture).
4. Wrap in cling film and pop it into the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and prepare two baking trays with baking paper.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to the thickness you want. (You also may need to knead the dough if it is still a little bit sticky).
7. Cut into your desired shapes and pop on the baking tray.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. (If you choose to do thick shapes you may need to bake for about 15 minutes).
9. For the icing mix the icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
10. Gradually add the water until the mixture is at your preferred consistency.
11. Dip or cover the sugar cookies in the chocolate and leave them to set.