A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for Mince Pies but found even though they were good, they were just too big.
I then attempted to make Mince Pies again using a different recipe in order to make Mince Pies topped with a star. These came out exactly how I had hoped and made a perfect little snack to go with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
225g Plain Flour
50g Caster Sugar
Jar of Mincemeat
1. Mix the flour and butter in a large bowl with your hands to make breadcrumbs.
2. Add the sugar, egg and a couple of tablespoons of water, mix until it forms a dough.
3. Fold the dough out on a floured surface then wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Pour the mincemeat and lemon zest into a bowl and mix together.
5. Put a third of the dough to one side and roll out the rest. Cut into 8cm circles and place into a bun tray.
6. Fill these with a teaspoon of the mincemeat mixture.
7. Roll the remaining dough out and cut into stars. Place each one on top of the Mincemeat and brush with milk.
8. Sprinkle some caster sugar over the top and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool.
Please follow and like us: