This is an Asda recipe and I couldn’t believe how extremely simple they were to make. I made sure I used a bun tray to keep them small and a couple of days later they were all gone. Just too yummy.
225g Plain Flour, extra for Rolling
1 Level Tablespoon Icing Sugar
50g White Bread, for Breadcrumbs
200g Golden Syrup
Zest of Lemon
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Chill a small jug of water in the fridge. Cut the butter into small cubes and leave out of the fridge for 5 minutes.
2. Sift flour, icing sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Add butter and rub into the flour until it resembles crumbs.
3. Add 3 tablespoons (I had to add 8 tablespoons) of chilled water and mix with a round-bladed knife until it makes clumps. Gather together with your hands and shape into a ball.
4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut 12 8cm rounds. Place each one in the bun tray then re-roll the rest of the pastry and cut into shapes or strips.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs with syrup and lemon zest and place a 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture into half of the pastry. Put 1 rounded tablespoon of jam in the rest.
6. Lay the strips of pastry on top of each tart or place a cut pastry shape on top, making sure to use a little bit of water on the ends to help make it stick.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes and then leave to cool.
Please follow and like us: