Easter, the time for chocolate!
This year I have 2 little munchkins under 2, so I have been in search of a recipe that is easy, quick and does not require a lot of ingredients. That brings me to the Cadbury’s Mini Egg Cookies
recipe that I found on the Ocado website while I was doing my weekly shop.
These cookies have a nice crunch to them especially with the mini eggs inside, although next time I would add a lot more in order to get a nice balance of chocolate and biscuit mix. With the recipe being so easy it allowed me to make them over a lunchtime period when we were all in the kitchen.
125g Mini Eggs
225g Low Fat Spread
180g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Powder
225g Plain Flour
1. Heat the oven to 180°C then crush the mini eggs and put to one side.
2. Mix together the spread and sugar in a bowl until it is blended, then mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the flour and baking powder with a metal spoon and once it is all combined add 3/4 of the crushed mini eggs.
4. Put dessert spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet, spaced out, then press some of the left over crushed mini eggs onto the top of each biscuit.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
Please follow and like us: