A wonderful woman Bridget, who blogs over at Bridie By The Sea, tagged me in the blogger recognition award. Now, this has been such a pick me up because for a while there I thought no-one was actually reading some of my posts. (This is because I get so confused with the page views, users figures that both blogger and google analytics have because it differs so much). I have very much learnt that I do not trust those numbers and to be quite frank do not care because as Bridget has tagged me in this, I know someone is reading.
Update: Gayleen over at Tiny Toes and Big Adventures has also tagged me in this. Check out the mayhem and magic going on over on her blog.
The rules for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your Blogger Recognition Award
3. Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
4. Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give the award to.
Why I started Mabel and Me blog.
I started blogging back in 2014 when I was coming to the end of my pregnancy. For the whole of the pregnancy, I had been reading loads of lovely blogs and thought wow I can relate to so many of these people. I also loved the fact that they had so many pictures and information written down of experiences, memories. I wanted that too. I wanted to be able to document things that I could look back on and also share these with friends and family. The blogging community has given me a sense of belonging because a lot of experiences that I/have/will go through as a mother, I am not alone.
Advice for New Bloggers.
1. Just be yourself. Write the things that you love and are passionate about because that will be the thing that people can relate to. Don’t get too indulged in stats, after all, they are just numbers and can you really trust them. Just trust in yourself to be true and everything else will follow.
2. Engage with others. When you come across other peoples posts that you like then comment on it. Let them know that you like it or what you like about it. By engaging with others you are encouraging them and you may just end up making great friends, but also it could help you reach out to readers/followers.
Here is a list of a few of my favourite bloggers to take part too: