This pizza recipe is done by using the ingredients to make the pizza base from the BBC Good Food and also the Red Pesto and Peppers Pizza recipe from Veena Asmanov. I used mushrooms in my recipe and chose not to include parmesan because it really did not need it. The great thing about this recipe is you can make it your own and add or remove different toppings. I have worked out the costs for this recipe based on it being able to feed a family of 4.
Total: £2.90 (approx 73p per person)
(*Prices from Asda)
1. Pizza Base – Put the flour, yeast, salt and oil into a large bowl. Then slowly add the water and bring together with a wooden spoon until it forms a fairly wet dough.
2. Knead it onto a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth. Put back in the bowl and cover with a tea towel if you would like the dough to rise.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Slice the potatoes into wedges then put them on a baking tray with a splash of oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30/40 minutes.
4. Split the dough in half and roll each section out onto a floured surface to as thin as you prefer. Then spread on over the top the red pesto leaving a little bit of a gap at the edges.
5. Spread the onions, peppers and mushrooms over the base and then crumble the mozzarella on top.
6. Bake for 10 minutes then add the basil and bake for a further 10 minutes.