Meal Plan 18/03/2019

This week I am trying to get our finances in order and with that, it means budgeting the food shop to around £80 per week or £350 per month to include household products, alcohol and nappies. If I can do this then it allows me to be able to forecast our finances for the rest of the year. This week I did another Ocado shop because with Free delivery I could order it all the day before, but I will be trying out Asda, Morrisons, Tescos etc to find out which one would be best. Of course, I prefer Aldi but it is time-consuming for me and it is just so much easier to get things delivered.

Meal Plan

Chicken Tostadas

Vegetable Curry with Homemade Naan

Burger and Chips

Homemade Pizza

Sausage and Mash

Paella

Roast

Weekly Food Shop Total
£75.48

Ocado £71.43
Milk and More £4.05

Please follow and like us:
error

9 Comments

1. Kate
    March 18, 2019 / 9:57 am

I have got it down to a fine art now with Akdi and find it takes less time to go there and shop than it does to place an order. Their layouts don’t change every few months like some other supermarkets which helps. My shop was £57 this weekend.

• March 18, 2019 / 11:14 am

That is so good. I do like going to shop at Aldi because some of their products are amazing and the price is hard to beat.
      £57 is really good for a week. Well below the average of a food shop spend. 🙂

2. March 18, 2019 / 11:55 am

Every week I am taking more notice of what I am spending our money on. I haven’t quite got it under £80 but I am getting there. Fab meal plan x

• March 18, 2019 / 12:39 pm

It’s trial and error, isn’t it? I find some weeks can be more expensive than others, but if it all evens itself out in the end then it is all fine. 🙂

3. Sarah - Mud, cakes and Wine
    March 18, 2019 / 2:35 pm

A lovely meal plan i always do online my tesco shop I can get for a good price but want to try morrisons as they are now delivering in our area x

4. March 19, 2019 / 7:39 pm

I need to get back to meal planning and online deliveries; I save so much without the junk food popping out at me while I shop

• March 19, 2019 / 7:42 pm

I know what you mean. I was so good at sticking to a list but as I had to go shopping with 2 girls in tow it seemed easier putting in what they wanted at times in order to not get them upset. Plus I find that time wise it is never as quick as I want it to be. Ordering online I can see exactly how much I am spending and so if it gets too high can adjust it if needed. 🙂

5. March 22, 2019 / 9:33 am

We’re going to have Paella next week now, thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for linking up and sorry I’m late commenting this week! It was Daisy’s Birthday and I’ve had a manic week!

• March 22, 2019 / 1:04 pm

Oh happy birthday to her.
      The great thing about Paella is you can just throw anything in there so I don’t have to think too much about it. 🙂