The bathroom is not usually a room that we think of as being very chic or stylish. Most bathrooms are pretty much the same, with simple, plain design. If you prefer a bit more drama in your decor, then there’s no reason why you can’t bring the drama in this room too. Here are some ideas to add some dramatic decor elements to the bathroom.
- Bring the colour. Bathrooms often stick to a safe range of colours, using a lot of white, grey, green, or blue. There’s no reason why you can’t add a more preferred palette to a bathroom. Paint your walls yellow, choose bright orange tiles, or fit red bathroom wall panels to make a real statement. Whatever shade you love, use it in the bathroom.
- Forget the traditional suite. Most people have a white bathroom suite. This can be a good idea if you plan to resell your house later on, but it’s not very exciting. You could bring drama by choosing something else. Black sinks have become very popular recently, and a black bath would make a real statement. Adding a sink made from something other than ceramic, like glass or marble, would make a statement too. If you want white, you can still add drama with a sink in an interesting shape, or a stunning roll-top, or clawfoot tub.
- Change the fittings. If you don’t have the budget for a new bathroom suite, then you can change up the style by changing your fittings. New taps can make your bathroom look much chicer. Buy new, or look out for fittings in junkyards or antique shops if your style is more vintage.
- Fill it with plants. To be bang on trend, embrace the plant mom aesthetic. Using greenery is a way to dress up your bathroom, which is often a room where it’s hard to decorate with more traditional ornaments. Choose plants that thrive in damp, humid environments. Spider plants and succulents are popular for bathrooms. Pile them onto the windowsill, on top of cabinets, or on the edge of the bath.
- Say goodbye to boring packaging. If you’ve spent ages making your bathroom look amazing, why bring down the tone with dull packaging from your toiletries stacked around the shower or the sink? Instead, buy some beautiful items like soap dispensers, soap dishes, and bottles and decant your toiletries into these. They’ll look much chicer sitting on the edge of the sink than that plastic bottle of handwash. This makes the things you need part of the decor and makes your bathroom feel a lot more glamorous.
Your bathroom doesn’t have to be boring. Embrace colour and dramatic decor details to make it much more interesting. Whether you’re in there putting on your makeup or lounging in the bath, making your bathroom a room you love instead of one that is just purely functional will let you enjoy your home a lot more. Go bold, be brave, and embrace the drama.